Monday 14 January 2013

Focus Group for HIP-HOP magazine

       
 In addition to this, the people I asked in my focus group quoted that "I will buy a magazine, if a female artists was featured in that particular magazine, especially in the case of HIP-HOP magazine, as it's not the norm for female artists to be featured both on the front cover and double page spread. It would help young up coming artists to know that it's not all about revealing your body parts in order to sell magazines. A woman can be covered up and still look sexy, as well as selling their music on magazine covers."  I was surprised to hear this response from my audience, this is due to the fact that whilst I was conducting my survey, most of the people I had asked stated that "women were sexualised in order to sell magazines, they are used as props rather than an artist". This is normally shown by having a dominate male artist such as Jay-Z, holding the woman by the waist. In this sense, the woman looks to have been placed in order to sell the magazine. For my own music magazine, I will be featuring an up coming female artist, and therefore will try to portray that a female artist can be hard core and still be sexy and at the same time sell magazines. My focus group overall has helped me to finalize my decision of having a female artist, as I wasn't sure if my magazine will sell if such artist was to be featured.

1 comment:

  1. I will be posting more about my focus group, so keep out for that!

    ReplyDelete