Friday 1 February 2013

Paiidz photoshoot (RAW)

priscilla20131's  album on Photobucket
These are the pictures that I took on Wednesday of my artist (Paiidz). I wanted to post all the photographs that I took without any of them being deleted or edited, hence why it's "raw" photographs. The main reason as to why I personally chose not to delete or edit any comes down to the fact that, I wanted my audience to see some of the images I took before editing. I thought it was better to put together a slide show of all the images I took of my artist using "photobucket", which is based online where one can upload and share their images with friends. Putting my photos into photobucket allowed me to clearly see some of the mistakes, which I was unable to see previously whilst taking my photographs. Such mistakes includes lighting not properly positioned on the artist, and in doing so caste a shadow on the artist which make the photograph appear too dark. In contrast some of the images I took contained far too much light, causing Paiidz to appear far too orange and unnatural.

 In addition to this, some of the elements did not work such as trying to capture Paiidz blowing bubbles, although in the end I was able to capture her blowing into camera, most of the time it failed. I think it mainly failed due to the fact that the colour of the background crashed with the bubble and so therefore was not visible. To improve I will ensure to change the colour of the screen, if I want to experiment with bubbles to possibly black screen, instead of white. Another one of my experiments that did not work in the early stages, can be seen when I had tried different angles by shooting Paiidz through someone's arm. Next time, I will ensure that I only capture and cut off a section , so that I can only see the artist face, rather than my assistance's arm.

 What did I learn from my photoshoot with Paiidz?
 I learnt that although she is photogenic, the convention of hip hop magazine pose of a hard looking image (angle of gaze with no smile) did not work on my artist. The main reason comes down to the fact that it was her personality to be smiley and fun, which made it easy for my to capture her personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment