Friday 29 March 2013

Final changes made: Front cover and Contents page


This is the front cover of my magazine, which I created using "Photoshop". Although my magazine front cover overall follows the conventions of "Hip Hop" magazine, such as the pose in which my artist has been placed in and the colours used. However changes needed to be made, as there were far too much colours used on the front cover alone. The norm of magazines consists of three to four colours the most, but as you can see my magazine contains five colours, this therefore needed to be changed in order to follow the convention of colours used on magazine front covers. The main reason as to why I had originally used a lot of colours on my front cover, comes down to the fact that, due to the colours on my artist shirt, this made it difficult for the text used to be readable, as it clashed with the colours on my artist shirt. This then led to be changes some of the text to be orange, in order for the text to be clear and able to read. However due to the vast amount of colours used, I had to change some of the text which were written is orange to be either black or white. I then casted a shadow on the text, making the text easier to read as well as stand out from the rest of the text which were present. I then tackled the problem of too much text being used on the front cover, I took away some of the text due to the fact that the text was crowding my artists, making the page look far too busy. Because this is not the convention for "Hip Hop" magazines to use a lot of text, by taking away some text allowed my magazine to look like a real life "Hip Hop" magazine front cover.






This is my contents page, I used "Indesign" to create this contents page. The colours used links well with the colours used on the front cover of my magazine. This is a convention of "Hip Hop" magazines, which I wanted to follow as it's the genre of my magazine. There were some changes which needed to be done, in order for my contents page to look like real life contents page in music magazines. The first change that needed to be done was to ensure that my editor's letter was Aline with my bottom left (32) image. This was done in order to make my page look professional and well thought of layout. I also had to the the same on the other side of the page (with the features section). I had to make sure that the page within that section was divided equally, as some spaces were larger than other. I also had to Aline my features section with the guidelines that were provided. Lastly I fixed the line that appeared on top of "Contents".

Final finished product of my front cover
Final contents page with corrections made



No comments:

Post a Comment